Platform Pro Profile Creation Guide
- What is a profile?
- How do the profile inputs affect my output?
- What are some things to consider while filling out the profile?
- How do I login to my profile?
- How do I fill out each of the profile sections?
Demandbase has combined their unique digital identification technology (proprietary Database + patented correlation engine), their proprietary dataset (data from its ad networks and proprietary DSP) with artificial intelligence, machine learning (+Natural Language Processing) to take offsite and onsite account activity (all unstructured) and use technology to structure it and identify, rank, and prioritize which accounts are in market for your products/services/solutions today and exactly how and where they are showing buying intent.
Real-Time Intent leverages AI and machine learning to analyze and learn from Demandbase’s comprehensive B2B database. Drawing on 700 billion B2B interactions across the web, 4 billion IP addresses, 4 billion TB of behavioral data and 36B B2B site visits, it’s the only intent-monitoring technology that instantly maps global B2B interactions between accounts and individual buyers with B2B products and topics. This mapping enables marketers to have clear insight into the immediate interests and behaviors of their buying committees – across the funnel.
A profile is the set of inputs that Demandbase uses to identify and prioritize target accounts. The profile contains these steps:
- Name your profile
- Who are your buyers?
- Which roles do you target?
- What are your buyer’s interests?
- Who are your customers?
- Whitelist and Blacklist pages (optional)
Artificial Intelligence Methodology automates the prioritization of accounts displaying the strongest buying signals by considering:
- Why This Account – What are the top features about this account that make it well qualified based on the client’s profile. These features include similarity to your customers including but not limited to the following areas: intent, buying committee, titles and roles, products and services, geography, industry and company size.
- Trending Intent - How much this account is researching topics that are relevant to your products and services. Displays top topics and keywords that accounts are researching to uncover: Where are they showing interest? What specific articles they are reading? Are they researching the space, your competitors, etc.?
- Pluralization: No need to enter in the plural version of words, this is handled for you automatically.
- Capitalization: Do not worry about capitalization, it is not a factor. We do tend to use caps as it looks nicer in the UI.
- Logical matching for titles: A title of Chief Data Officer will also pickup someone with a CDO title.
- Login into app.demandbase.com with the login provided by Demandbase team and your password.
- Click the Login button.
- Once logged in, click Setup on the ABM Home page.
- In the Profile area, click View Profile.
- Click Create New Profile, or if the profile is already created, click its name.
- Enter a short label for your profile corresponding for your use case or product category name that are you marketing.
Consider the titles of your initial points of contact, your buyers and your decision makers at your current and target accounts as you complete this section. The primary contacts for recently closed deals is a good place to start.
Tell us the titles of your buyers - There are two ways you can enter in titles:
- Type a title keyword (for example, Digital Marketing) and then select the appropriate seniority modifiers (for example, Chief, VP/SVP) as appropriate from the Want others like this? menu that appears. Demandbase will find all titles that include both the keyword and selected seniority modifiers.
- Enter a specific title (for example, Supply Chain Architect). In this case, Demandbase finds titles that include the keywords you provided.
Exclude titles with the following keywords:
- Demandbase will exclude any contacts with these keywords in their titles.
- Common exclusions include retired, consultant, advisor and intern.
- Add specific exclusion keywords that you think are not relevant to your buying committee.
Consider the buyers titles you entered in the previous section, (listed in the Suggested Roles list below) but try make them more specific. What roles are critical to your products and services being successful at any given company? What are the end users of your products and services? What roles would a prospect company hire for which would indicate their need for your products and services?
Add the roles into the Selected Roles list by clicking the relevant title from the Suggested Roles list. To add more specific roles, type the company level role in the text box under the Selected Roles list and then click the + sign to add it.
List terms, topics, product categories, event names, and any other keywords and phrases that you would want to know about when mentioned with your buyer in press releases, on blogs, in presentations, in tweets, etc. Be specific and avoid frequently used common words like sales, marketing, data, analytics, etc.
Provide between 25 and 100 keywords. We recommend referencing the following resources to help you reach this goal:
- Review your company's web site - focus on product and solution pages, blogs and case studies.
- Ask for a list of SEO keywords - not all will be strong keywords, but many will be.
- Check out the LinkedIn skills and interests from the ideal buyers you considered in the previous step.
- Start typing in the keyword and select the appropriate term or keyword from the suggested list. If the keyword you are looking for does not appear in the list, you can still press Enter and it'll add it to the list.
- Note: An exclamation point icon will appear next to the keyword, which will prompt the Demandbase product team to review it and possibly add it to the keyword library, if the keyword is meeting the minimum search criteria on the web.
- Include your own company name and names of your products.
- Enter in your competitor's company names (for enterprise company names like Dell, Salesforce, Microsoft please enter in the specific sub-brand or product name and not the general company name).
- Use the Interest Recommender tool, which is designed to recommend additional keywords based on the ones you already entered into the profile.
- Enter your initial set of keywords - a minimum of 5 keywords are required to use the Recommend New Interests button.
- Click the Recommend New Interests button.
- Add the keywords that are relevant by clicking the Add button next to each keyword.
- Use the Grade My Buyer's Interests button to grade your keywords. You should have no more than 40% problematic words. Problematic can mean one of two things:
- The keyword occurs in a large quantity of documents, and almost always occurs alone rather than next to other keywords in your profile. If you still think this is a strong keyword, try adding additional words to it to make it less generic.
- The keyword occurs in a small or inconsequential quantity of documents - in general it is OK to leave these.
List 25 - 100 current customers - strong customers, the kind that you want more of. You can enter your customers in two ways:
- Manually one by one:
- Enter the associated company name or company website domain (for example, Demandbase.com).
- The list of suggested companies will appear in the drop-down list.
- Select the correct company from the list.
- If the company you are looking for does not appear in the drop-down list, then enter the complete company URL and click Enter.
- Importing from an audience:
- If you have the list of customers imported from your CRM, you can create an audience within Demandbase and select that audience from the drop-down list in this step.
You can specify web pages to include or exclude within the ABM Platform - across Audiences, ABM Analytics and Conversion. This is particularly useful if you want to restrict your view to a set of pages associated with a particular business unit. Note that this section is optional.
- Select a condition for each URL you want to add and then add the URL name.
- To add additional URLs, click the Add more link.
Note: This feature is only available in the ABM Platform Pro version.