How can I confirm that a hidden form field is populating?
This is an example of how to confirm that a specific form field is populating as you expect.
- Open the Forms page in Google Chrome from a company IP address. You may need to spoof a company IP.
- Open Chrome Web Tools (View > Developer > Developer Tools)
- Access the Elements tab
- Search for the name of the form field that you expect to be populating with Demandbase data. In this example the field we're checking is named "NumberOfEmployees" so that will be our search term.
- Observe whether a value is assigned to the field. In this case we can observe that the field has populated with an integer value of 33500.
Confirm that the field is mapped correctly in your forms fieldMap in the Demandbase scripts file using the following steps.
- In Chrome Web Tools access the Console
- Type Demandbase.Config.forms.fieldMap and hit Enter/Return
- Confirm that your form is using the form field names listed here.
Here is a list of all the attributes available via the Demandbase API. If you want to add additional attributes to your fieldmap you have questions about the above please contact email@example.com.