Important: Campaign Designer is currently released in controlled availability. To learn more, please contact your Oracle Maxymiser support team. For VCB campaigns see Building a campaign in VCB.
This article will explain how to integrate Demandbase B2B firmographic data with your Oracle Maxymiser customer profile for use within campaign targeting and performance report analysis.
- Demandbase JS Tag
- The Demandbase JS Tag should be deployed to your test pages via Tag Manager or Maxymiser Site script. This tag can be deployed asynchronously
- <script src="//scripts.demandbase.com/<SCRIPT_ID>.min.js"></script>
- Demandbase License and Enablement
- A Demandbase license is required.
- Current Demandbase customers should contact their customer success manager to finalize setup.
- Noncustomers should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about acquiring a Demandbase license.
- Oracle Maxymiser Custom Attributes
- A custom attribute is required for each attribute you plan to receive from Demandbase. For example, if you want to receive 'industry', 'company_alias', and 'traffic' from Demandbase, then 3 custom attributes in Oracle Maxymiser must be created with those same names.
- Please note that there is a 15 character limit on custom attribute names, and you should work with Demandbase when configuring the names used for this integration's attributes.
Enabling this integration
- Click the Overview tab in the campaign.
- Click Add an Integration, then select Demandbase.
- Select the Enable check box.
Demandbase Account Watch List attributes are passed via the API within the "watch_list" object. However, given the 15 character limit on custom attributes in Maxymiser, the "watch_list" object has been renamed within Maxymiser to be "d_". That being said, if an account watch attribute is uploaded to Demandbase as "seg" it will appear within Maxymiser as "d_seg".