This article provides you with information on the benefits of integrating the Demandbase ABM Platform with Salesforce, and overview of how it works, and the detailed integration steps.
- Create and use audiences within the Demandbase ABM Platform and eliminate the manual import/match, export, and re-import process for audience building and account ID via csv files.
- View performance across the entire funnel and compare performance between control groups and other audiences to see which accounts are moving into sales cycles and contributing to revenue.
NoteFor Demandbase Conversion: Salesforce data will be automatically updated on a weekly basis. Refer to Extract Your Salesforce Reports for more information.
How it Works
Using the standard Salesforce connection mechanism, a customer grants Demandbase read-only access to their Salesforce to fetch select data and reports. Once the setup is complete, Demandbase will manage all the data interactions automatically. Customers can “turn off” access at any time through the Demandbase ABM Platform.
1. To get started, log in to the Demandbase ABM Platform and select Setup > Manage Authorization.
2. Click Connect to facilitate the OAuth and select the desired environment you’d like to connect to.
NoteIf you don't use your own user credentials and instead use an API user profile ensure the user profile has the APIEnabled setting checked in SFDC.
3. Confirm your access, and you’re all set to automatically pull data from Salesforce within the Demandbase ABM Platform.
After completion, a green checkbox appears in the setup screen.
NoteIf you are leveraging a Single Sign-On (SSO) such as Okta, you may receive a login screen prompting for a username/password. Try logging in to your SFDC instance in a separate instance with your SSO, and the system will then allow you to authenticate.
Fields Synced to Demandbase
Demandbase reads through the data from Salesforce, but only stores the components that are needed to surface the metrics within ABM Analytics. In addition, some clients may choose to create a separate user with limited permissions, and complete the OAuth using those credentials.
In order to surface the full dataset within ABM Analytics, the user will need to have read-access to the following fields:
- Opportunity (including Amount)
- Opportunity History
- Reports (in order to create audiences)
For the Conversion Solution, the user will also need to read-access to the following in order to associate account ownership:
- Users (to determine email addresses)
- Account Teams (if leveraged)