- ABM Platform (Required)
- Salesforce.com (Required)
- Conversion Solution (Optional)
This article provides you with information on the benefits of integrating the Demandbase ABM Platform with Salesforce.com (SFDC) an overview of how it works, and the detailed integration steps.
- Save Time: Create and use audiences within the Demandbase ABM Platform and eliminate the .csv file manual import/match, export, and re-import processes for audience building and account ID.
- Access full-funnel data: View performance across the entire funnel and compare performance between control groups and other audiences to see which accounts are moving into sales cycles and contributing to revenue.
- Automate the data sync: Enable an automatic weekly sync of your Account and Account Ownership data to give your sales team Account Insights using the Demandbase Conversion Solution.
How it Works
You grant Demandbase read-only access to your SFDC system to fetch select data and reports using the standard SFDC connection mechanism. Once the setup is complete, Demandbase will manage all the data interactions automatically. You can “turn off” access at any time through the Demandbase ABM Platform.
Follow these steps to set up the connection.
Step 1: Navigate to Manage Authorization
Log in to the Demandbase ABM Platform and navigate to Setup > Manage Authorization.
Step 2: Select the Environment
Click Connect to facilitate the OAuth and select the desired environment you’d like to connect to.
Step 3: Confirm your Access
Click Allow to enable automatically pulling your SFDC data into the Demandbase ABM Platform.
After completion, a green checkbox appears in the set up screen.
Fields Synced to Demandbase
Demandbase reads through the data from SFDC, but only stores the components that are needed to surface the metrics within ABM Analytics. In addition, you may choose to create a separate user with limited permissions, and complete the OAuth using those credentials.
In order to surface the full dataset within ABM Analytics, make sure your users have read-access to the following fields:
- Opportunity (including Amount)
- Opportunity History
- Reports (in order to create audiences)
For the Conversion Solution, your users will also need read-access to the following in order to associate account ownership:
- Users (to determine email addresses)
- Account Teams (if leveraged)