Salesforce Integration Overview
What are the advantages to connecting my Salesforce integration to Demandbase?
- Create and use audiences within the Demandbase platform and eliminate the manual import/match, export, and re-import process for audience building and account ID via csv files.
- View performance across the entire funnel and compare performance between control groups and other audiences to see which accounts are moving into sales cycles and contributing to revenue.
- For Conversion: Salesforce data will be automatically updated on a weekly basis. Refer to How to Extract Salesforce Reports for Conversion for more information.
How does it work?
Using the standard Salesforce connection mechanism, a customer grants Demandbase read-only access to their Salesforce to fetch select data and reports. Once the setup is complete, Demandbase will manage all the data interactions automatically. Customers can “turn off” access at any time through the Demandbase platform.
How do I connect my SFDC account to Demandbase?
1. To get started, simply login to the Demandbase platform and select Setup > Manage Authorization.
2. Click “Connect” to facilitate the OAuth and select the desired environment you’d like to connect to.
3. Confirm your access, and you’re all set to automatically pull data from Salesforce within the Demandbase platform!
After completion, a green checkbox appears in the setup screen.
Note: If you are leveraging a Single Sign-On (SSO) such as Okta, you may receive a login screen prompting for a username/password. Please try logging in to your SFDC instance in a separate instance with your SSO, and the system will then allow you to authenticate.
What specific fields from my SFDC instance will be synced to Demandbase?
Demandbase reads through the data from Salesforce, but only stores the components that are needed to surface the metrics within ABM Analytics. In addition, some clients may choose to create a separate user with limited permissions, and complete the OAuth using those credentials.
In order to surface the full dataset within ABM Analytics, the user will need to have read-access to the following fields:
- Opportunity (including Amount)
- Opportunity History
- Reports (in order to create audiences)
For the Conversion solution, the user will also need to read-access to the following in order to associate account ownership:
- Users (to determine email addresses)
- Account Teams (if leveraged)