How to Use Firmographic Attributes Within Experiences & Conditions
One way to leverage site customization is through firmographic attributes, watch list values and API Data Customizations (e.g. company name/marketing alias/employee range). To utilize these attributes in an experience, include the variable name between single curly braces.
- Navigate to the webpage and use the Demandbase Selector tool to view the ID of the element that you'd like to customize.
- Return to the Engagement solution within the ABM Platform and navigate to the Site Customization tab. From there identify the experience you are wishing to make the changes and paste the HTML Element ID. Update the content and explicitly call out the variable name (full list) between single curly braces. Click the button to Review & Submit the customization.
- Notify firstname.lastname@example.org or your Customer Success Manager that you have made changes to an experience and would like to publish them Live. Note: If segment conditions are met, the experience will load even if the company is NOT on the watch list (they will see something to the effect of "undefined" in place of the variable). To indicate watch list value as a segment condition, see this article.
- From the Engagement solution within the ABM Platform, navigate to the Site Customization tab. From there identify the experience you wish to make changes to and click edit under the condition section. Upon editing there is a full drop down list of firmographic attributes to pick from.
- If any changes have been made to the API Data Customizations indicated in a previous guide here, it is important to stay consistent and make sure these attributes are the same in the conditions matching value.
- API Data Customization for reference.