With this step, you're creating an integration user in Microsoft Dynamics to integrate with Demandbase using OAuth.
- You must have Admin privileges within your Microsoft Dynamics environment.
- Important: As a best practice, we highly recommend that you create a dedicated Microsoft Dynamics API user profile that Demandbase can use to synchronize with via the Dynamics API. This practice makes it much easier to manage authentication credentials in the event that the dedicated Microsoft Dynamics user leaves the company or changes roles.
Steps: Create Security Role
The following steps applies to both single-tenant and multi-tenant Microsoft Dynamics applications.
In Microsoft Dynamics, create or update a security role with the following permissions. See Microsoft’s Security roles and privileges article for instructions on how to set up roles.
Important: Microsoft Dynamics doesn’t allow permission changes to the System Administrator security role. You must set up a custom security role for the integration user.
Core Records tab
- Account - Read, write
- Activity - Create, read, write, delete, append
- Contact - Create, read, write, append, append to
- Lead - Create, read, write, append, append to
- Opportunity - Read, write
- Opportunity Relationship - Read
- Queue - Read
- Saved View - Read
- Marketing tab
- Campaign - Read, write, append, append to
- Marketing List - Read
- Business Management tab
- Bulk edit - Enable
- Currency - Read
User - Create, read, write, append
User settings: Read
- Attribute map - Read
- Entity - Read
- Entity map - Read
- Field - Create, read, write
- Process: Read
- Relationship: read
- System job: Read
- View - Read
- Core Records tab
Create a user and assign the security role from step 1. See Microsoft’s Add users and assign licenses at the same time article for instructions on how to create a new user.
Tip: You can also assign a security role with the above permissions to an existing user.
Steps: Create App User
- Log in to the Microsoft Power Platform.
In the left menu, click Environments. At the top of the page, click Settings.
- Click Users + permissions > Application Users.
- At the top of the page, click + New app user.
- Click + Add an app.
- Choose the Demandbase environment. Click Add.
- Click the Business unit drop down and choose the applicable Business Unit.
- Next to Security role, click the pencil icon.
- Choose the security role you created in Steps: Create Security Role. Click Save.
- Click Create.
You'll see a confirmation message when the new app user is successfully added.
Steps: Share View with App User
To create an Account or Person List from a Dynamics View, you must share the Account/Contact/Lead View with the Demandbase-Dynamics integration user. See Create and Access Account Lists and Create Person Lists for more information.
- Log in to your Microsoft Dynamics environment.
- In the left menu, go to Customer and click on the object you want to share. Click the dropdown next to My Active Accounts/Contacts/Leads > Manage and share views.
Find the desired View and click the three dots on the right. Click Share.
In the left panel, search for the integration user. See the search results in the right panel and click on the integration user.
In the left panel, select the circle next to the integration user. In the right panel, select the checkbox next to “Read”. Click Share.
- Repeat above steps for every View you want to access when creating an account or person list from a Dynamics View.