Important: This product or feature is in open beta and available to all customers. See Demandbase Alpha and Beta Release Process for more information.
Demandbase Intent helps you identify accounts in your target account lists that are showing interest in your products or services. Intent by geolocation gives you a geographical breakdown of where the intent originated from for the identified accounts. This additional level of granularity enables your sales and marketing teams to more easily focus on accounts specific to their region.
To get started with intent by geolocation, set up Engagement Minutes and activity filters using the Demandbase geo keyword intent activity type. The geo keyword intent activity type provides a weekly view of the intent for an account from a specific geolocation. Within the United States, the geolocations available are based on the US census regions and divisions shown in the following image. Outside the United States, geolocations are available by country.
Source: U.S. Census Bureau website
Once you’ve set up intent by geolocation, you can use the heatmap on the Engagement page to view the engagement for an identified account based on census region, census division, or country. You can also apply the activity filter when viewing the Site Analytics page to look for accounts with geo keyword intent activity that have also visited your website.
You must have Admin privileges to set up Engagement Minutes.
Steps: Set Up Engagement Minutes for Geo Keyword Intent Activity
- From the left navigation bar, go to Settings > Analytics > Engagement Minutes and select Intent Activities from the Choose Category drop-down list.
- Scroll down to the Demandbase Geo Keyword Intent section and select the is operator in the first column.
- In the Keyword Set or Keywords column, select the option you want to use.
- In the third column, add the specific keyword sets or keywords you want to focus on.
In the Geo location(s) column, select the geolocations you want to focus on and click Apply.
Tip: To find a geolocation more quickly, start entering the name in the field to perform a search.
In the Intent Strength column, select High, Medium, Low, or Any.
Tip: Since high intent engagement is the most valuable for identifying target accounts, a best practice is to set up Engagement Minutes for high intent strength first.
- In the Minutes column, enter an Engagement Minute value.
Tip: A best practice is to enter a value five to ten times higher than the value you entered for keyword intent for each equivalent intent strength. For example, if you entered a value of 0.2 for high intent for a keyword set, enter a value between 1 and 2 for high geo keyword intent for the same keyword set.
Steps: Create Geo Keyword Intent Activity Filters
- From the left navigation bar, go to Database > Activities > Activity Filters and click Create New.
- In the Create New Filter window, enter a Name and select the Visibility for the filter.
Select the Advanced sub-tab and add the Selector for the Demandbase Geo Keyword Intent activity filter.
Tip: To use Basic Selectors, select the Basic sub-tab, click Intent Activity, and add your criteria in the Demandbase Geo Intent section.
- Click Add constraints and select the geolocation option you want to focus on.
- Configure the Selector constraints:
a. For Intent Keyword, select the Exists operator.
b. For Intent Keyword Set, select the Equals operator and add the keyword sets you want to focus on.
c. For Intent Strength, select the Exists operator.
d. For Activity Date, configure the time period you want to use.
e. For Census Division, Census Region, or Country, add the geolocations you want to focus on.
- To view the geo keyword intent activities that meet your criteria, select the List tab.
Tip: Click Edit Columns and add the Country, Census Division, or Census Region activity columns to show the geolocation for geo keyword intent activities.
Once Demandbase processes the changes to your Engagement Minutes for geo intent keyword activity, you can view the Engagement Minute values for these activities in the Analytics section and other areas of the platform. You can also apply the geo intent keyword activity filter to various pages in the Analytics section.
View Account Engagement by Geolocation
To view engagement for an account by geolocation, do the following:
- From the left navigation bar, go to Analytics > Engagement.
- Select an account and date range.
- In the Heatmap section, click Custom.
- In the Rows drop-down list, select Census Region, Census Division, or Country.
In the Columns drop-down list, select Intent Keyword Set.
You can now review the heatmap to see which geolocations are showing engagement for each keyword set.
Find Accounts with Geo Keyword Intent Activity that Visited Your Website
To find accounts with geo keyword intent activity that have visited your website, do the following:
- From the left navigation bar, go to Analytics > Site Analytics.
- Select an account list and date range.
- Search for and add the keyword intent activity filter you created in the Saved Filters drop-down list.
Add your website URL using the Visited Web Page quick filter.
You can now review the Accounts table to identify accounts.